Read our Waring Pro MG1200 review to learn more about this functional electric meat grinder with reverse function and circuit breaker.
|Our rating: 4.3/5
Are you on a hunt for an electric meat grinder for your home? Not sure what to look for? Our site has quite a number of reviews that can help you in your search. In this review, we’re featuring the Waring Pro MG1200 Electric Meat Grinder.
Features of the Waring Pro MG1200 Electric Meat Grinder
The Waring Pro MG1200 has a 500-watt motor that is programmed with two settings—one for grinding meat and one for making sausage. The Waring grinder has a reverse function that allows it to reposition meat that has clogged the tube.
The MG1200 is also equipped with a large die-cast metal hopper that can conveniently hold a substantial amount of meat. The MG1200 has the following specs: 12 x 13.5 x 18.5 inches. It weighs about 16 pounds.
The Waring Pro MG1200 comes with the following accessories:
- Three (3) Stainless Steel Cutting Plates: fine, medium and coarse
- Two (2) Stainless Steel Sausage Making Attachments
- Plastic Food Pusher that doubles as a storage container (this is where you can keep the cutting plates and sausage attachments)
How Does it Work?
The Waring Pro MG1200 comes with a user manual that is easy to understand. Please read this manual before you assemble or operate the grinder.
After you’ve assembled the MG1200, place it on a steady work surface and plug it into a wall outlet. Place a bowl or any receptacle that can catch the meat beneath the grinding tube. Switch the grinder to “grind” or “sausage” function and proceed to feed meat into the tube.
The parts of the MG1200 are not dishwasher safe. You must hand wash all the parts in hot water with soap. Coat the blade and plates with cooking oil and wrap them in wax or grease-proof paper before storing to prevent rusting. To clean the housing of the grinder, simply use a damp cloth to wipe down any dirt or meat residue.
The Waring Pro MG1200 has a good reception from a small number of customers. The users note that the grinder performs well. One user said that the grinder was too loud. Another user mentioned that this Waring model is better than the other Waring models he has purchased.
- Good functionality. This kitchen tool is both a meat grinder and sausage stuffer which means that you do not have to buy two separate appliances.
- Reverse Function and Circuit Breaker. Not all grinders come with a reverse function and built-in circuit breaker. These are good functions to have on the grinder because it can improve efficiency as well as prevent any damage to the mechanism of the machine.
- Lack of reviews. The MG1200 doesn’t seem to have many reviews written about it. It’s always a plus to be able to learn what other buyers think of a product since many of the important things you need to know about an appliance are discovered during actual use at home.
Should You Buy?
Since there aren’t many consumer reviews out there, we’re not quite sure where the Waring Pro MG1200 stands in our book. Waring is a reputable meat grinder manufacturer and on that basis, we can say that this grinder might be worth the shot.
We just hope that it doesn’t have any issues with plastic gears like the other Waring grinders we’ve reviewed. One of their popular models is the Waring MG 855. Our site has reviews on a few other Waring grinders that you should check out before you decide on purchasing this one.
How Does the Waring MG1200 Compare?
|LEM .75 HP||4.8||6 lbs/min|
|LEM .35 HP||4.7||4 lbs/min|
|Weston No. 8||4.6||5 lbs/min|
|STX 3000 TF||4.4||3-4 lbs/min|
|Sunmile SM-G31||4.1||2-3 lbs/min|