Read our Useful Manual Meat Grinder, Mincer and Pasta Maker review to know about this low-cost grinder that’s useful for making baby food.
|Our rating: 3.0/5
Manual grinders are a good option for those who do not need to grind big batches of meat. It’s also a more practical option for those who are looking for a grinder that can process vegetables to make baby food. And to grind small portions of meat to add to recipes such as dumplings or spaghetti sauce. If you are not sure whether you need a manual or electric grinder, you can read our comparison of the two here.
In this review, we’ll take a look at the Useful Manual Meat Grinder, Mincer and Pasta Maker. Continue reading this article to see what we learned and what we think how useful the Useful Manual Meat Grinder is.
Features of the Useful Manual Meat Grinder, Mincer and Pasta Maker
The Useful Manual Meat Grinder is a three-in-one kitchen tool. It can mince and grind meat as well as make fresh pasta from scratch. We think that being able to grind meat at home is a great thing and so is being able to make fresh pasta! With this little baby, you get to impress people with your home-made sausage, burgers and linguine!
It comes with the following accessories to help you around the kitchen:
- Two (2) screens: coarse mincing plate and fine mincing plate
- Two (2) pasta attachments: spaghetti and linguine
- Sausage funnel attachment to help you stuff sausage casings
- Recipe booklet
- Plastic Tray
With these accessories, you can do a lot with this manual meat grinder. There are two choices of screens so you won’t be stuck with just one option (like with the Starfrit Manual Meat Grinder).
You can also grind vegetables or other food with the Useful, which can come in handy for those who have babies. There are a lot of ready-to-eat baby food out there but wouldn’t it be better if you can whip up something fresh for your little one right in your kitchen?
We also love the fact that it already comes with a sausage funnel attachment so that you do not have to buy a separate sausage stuffer. This simple kitchen tool can do so many things for you! If you are not sure how to get the ball rolling, the recipe booklet thrown in by the manufacturer might be able to suggest some great ideas for dinner.
Some of the relevant design or construction elements of the grinder are as follows:
- Stainless Steel Blades. Stainless steel is durable and heavy-duty. With proper care and storage, the blades of this grinder should last you a long time.
- 7-inch height, 4 ¼ inch diameter base, 2 pounds. This small kitchen tool shouldn’t cause too many problems in the area of storage. It’s also very light so you wouldn’t have to be worried about carrying a 30-pound grinder around the kitchen.
- Suction base and locking key. The Useful Manual Grinder comes with a suction base and locking key to help keep the grinder in place. Just find a smooth, flat surface where you can work and set-up the locking base.
How Does it Work?
This grinder is easy to operate. Make sure that you read the manufacturer’s instructions for assembly before you start grinding food. Once you have it all set-up on your kitchen counter or any other smooth/flat surface, simply feed meat into the grinder and turn the handle to start mincing/grinding. It might be a little bit of a workout but you’ll be surprised how simple and easy it is to use.
The Useful grinder is easy to disassemble. You can hand-wash the parts in hot water with soap, or you can put the parts in a dishwasher. Let the parts dry or wipe them down before storing.
The Useful Manual Grinder has a good rating from customers. Most users are highly satisfied with the grinder, with many giving a perfect score. Here are some of the important reviews we think you should take note of:
- Affordable, easy to use, gets the job done. This grinder is affordable and does the job that needs to be done. On top of this, many people raved about how affordable this grinder is! For an affordable price, you’ll find yourself having fun with a handy kitchen tool.
- Good suction base for stability. Many have also noted that the suction base works well and keeps the grinder in place. This is good to know since you would not want to have a wobbly manual grinder.
- It can only handle small strips of meat. There have been critical comments about the capacity of this grinder. Some users have suggested to cut the meat into thin strips before feeding into the grinder. Cutting the meat makes the process easier and will avoid any frustration on your part. If you want a faster and more powerful grinder, we suggest that you consider buying an electric one. If you do not want to spend a lot of money, you can take a look at our review of the Sunmile SM-G35 Meat Grinder.
- Affordable Price. This manual meat grinder from Useful is one of the most affordable choices out there. The price is hard to beat. If you are just looking for a simple, manual meat grinder, the Useful can be on your short list of grinders to choose.
- 3-in-1 functionality. This kitchen tool can mince, grind and make pasta which is great considering that you’re paying such an economical price for it.
It’s only meant for small batches of meat. Like what we said about the Useful Manual Grinder, if you plan to do a sausage stuffing marathon, perhaps you should look at a different grinder. If you need to make over 50 hamburgers for your block party, then maybe something like the Sunmile SM-G33 is better or, if you can spend a little more, the LEM #8 Meat Grinder.
Should You Buy?
Affordable price point. 3-in-1 functions. Simple and easy to use. We think that these are good reasons to buy the Useful Manual Meat Grinder, Mincer and Pasta Maker. If you know that all you need is a simple hand grinder that can help you mince or grind meat for the dishes you cook at home, then this product from Useful is recommended for you. Remember: this kitchen tool is made for lightweight mincing, grinding and pasta making. If you need something more heavyweight, you can look at the other products we suggested above.
How Does the Useful Compare?
|LEM #10||3.9||Stainless Steel|