Read our Sunmile SM-G50 Meat Grinder review to know more about one of the best grinders from Sunmile before you buy.
|Our rating: 4.2/5
Features of the Sunmile SM-G50 ETL Max 1.3HP #12 Meat Grinder
- The Sunmile SM-G50 Meat Grinder has the following notable features:
- 350W motor with 1000W maximum locked power
- Convenient ON/OFF/RESET/REVERSE function switch
- Metal Gear Box
- Detachable aluminum tube and screw
- Convenient cord and accessories storage
- Circuit breaker that prevents the motor from overheating
- One (1) Stainless Steel Cutting Blade
- Three (3) Various Stainless Steel Cutting Plates
- Three (3) Types of Sausage Attachments
- One (1) Plastic Food Pusher
The grinder has a die-cast metal hopper, die-cast aluminum head and stainless steel cutting plates. These materials are expected to be durable. The sausage attachments and food pusher are made of plastic. Even though these accessories mentioned above are not made of metal, they still function properly and should last you a long time if cared for and stored properly.
The grinder’s dimensions are 12.8” L x 7.09” W x 14.17” H. The grinder weighs about 14.2 pounds which is relatively light.
The Sunmile SM-G50 has a 350 watt motor with 1000 watts of max power. The G50 model is a slight upgrade to the SM-G73 and SM-G33 models of Sunmile. The G50 can grind up to 200 pounds of food per hour. It can grind chicken bones and other soft bones without a problem.
Those who are buying a grinder for the purpose of making fresh pet food at home might find the G50 attractive because of its price point. Those who grind a few deer, pigs or cows a year will find a dependable machine in the G50. In our opinion, the G50 is powerful enough for home use and can get the job done without any fuss.
It is not professional grade, but it has enough power and durability for occasional to frequent grinding. Also, the sausage stuffer accessories allow you to make your sausage at home without having to buy a separate stuffer.
Safety and Warranty
The Sunmile SM-G50 is UL approved. It has a built-in circuit breaker to prevent the machine from overheating which is a good safety feature. The product comes with a one-year manufacturer warranty.
How Does it Work?
To operate the grinder, simply press the ON switch. The grinder also has a reverse function that you can use whenever meat clogs up the machine. Just pulsate the reverse switch to allow the meat to dislodge.
Remember to read the user manual that comes with the product before assembling and operating the grinder. Take note of the safety hazards and precautions that are indicated in the user manual or box of the grinder.
The grinder is easy to disassemble for cleaning. Make sure to use hot water with soap so that you can get rid of the meat residue more easily. Air out the parts and dry before you store or assemble again.
This product has a high rating which is very respectable for a grinder in this range. It is one of the more affordable options, and this makes it attractive to many shoppers. Some of the reviews on the SM-G50 mention that they like the product because it works as expected and does what it needs to do. The grinder is easy to use and those who have bought it find that operating it is a breeze. There are many who commended the grinder for its sturdiness and durability, which points to the quality of the materials used to make this appliance.
The SM-G50 has many good qualities. Here are some of the points or features that we liked:
- The price is affordable. Just slightly more than the price of a hand grinder and you can get the SM-G50 already. Of course, having an electric grinder would be more convenient than having to hand-crank your way through a whole deer.
- Stainless steel lasts a long time and is easy to care. Cleaning is a breeze, and you don’t have to worry about gunk staining it or anything like that.
- As previously mentioned, this grinder is easy to operate. You do not have to worry about complicated procedures or needing three people to operate a single machine with this one.
- We love the cord and accessory storage! This storage allows you to store the grinder neatly and with less hassle. You do not have to worry about the cord ending up tangled or getting in the way of things. The accessory compartment makes storing the grinder attachments along with the main unit itself. No need to find a separate place for them or losing them somewhere in your kitchen cabinetry!
We recommend this grinder for home use. For frequent grinding of heavy batches of food, we suggest a grinder that is more powerful or industrial grade. If you grind meat almost every day or if you do big batches at a time, we suggest that you take a look at: STX International STX-3000-TF
The winning point for the Sunmile SM-G50 is the price. If you do not want to spend so much on your home grinder, then this is a good choice. It has enough power for your average meat grinding needs, it is made out of durable materials, and it is easy to use. The SM-G50 is a good buy and it is a good addition to your kitchen.
How Does the Sunmile SM-G50 Compare?
|LEM .75 HP||4.8||6 lbs/min|
|LEM .35 HP||4.7||4 lbs/min|
|Weston No. 8||4.6||5 lbs/min|
|STX 3000 TF||4.4||3-4 lbs/min|
|Sunmile SM-G31||4.1||2-3 lbs/min|