Read our Sportsman No.32 Meat Grinder with Pulley Review to learn more about this hybrid grinder for manual and electric meat grinding.
- Can be both manual and electric
- Affordable price
- Not easy to assemble
The product we are reviewing here is a hybrid: it’s a manual meat grinder that can be connected to a motor. It’s both manual and electric in a sense. You can choose to grind by hand or hook it up to a motor if the batch of meat you need to go through is a bit bigger.
Here are some of the important things we learned about the Sportsman No. 32 Meat Grinder With Pulley. We hope it can help you in choosing the right meat grinder for your home!
Features of the Sportsman No. 32 Meat Grinder With Pulley
The Sportsman No. 32 Grinder has a pulley that allows you to connect the grinder to a motor. This function allows you to be able to grind more meat efficiently if you have a big batch of meat to conquer. This pulley is great for those who want to be able to grind manually their meat but be able to have a motor-powered machine if the need calls for it.
It comes with the following accessories to help you around the kitchen:
- One (1) Meat Cutting Knife
- One (1) one-fourth inch (¼”) Cutting Plate
- Three (3) Sausage Stuffing Tubes
- One (1) Sausage Stuffing Funnel Attachments
Some of the relevant design or construction elements of the grinder are as follows:
- Cast Iron Design. Cast iron is a durable material. With proper care and storage, this machine is built to last.
- 12” (L) x 7” (W) x 20” (H) and 22 pounds. The grinder is a bit tall and has average weight. Since the product disassembles easily, you would not have a problem with storage.
- Can be bolted to work surface. The Sportsman No 32 can be bolted to your table or countertop. This is a great feature to have since you would want the grinder to be stable while you are operating it.
- Large pulley and handle. The large pulley and handle gives you more leverage when you choose to use the grinder manually.
The Sportsman No 32. Manual Meat Grinder with Pulley comes with a 90-day Manufacturer Warranty.
How Does it Work?
The Sportsman No 32 is easy to operate. Make sure that you read the manufacturer’s instructions before assembling and using the grinder. Find a flat work surface where you can bolt the grinder for added stability.
The Sportsman No 32 is easy to disassemble for cleaning. The grinder is only made for hand-washing and should not be placed in a dishwasher.
The Sportsman Meat Grinder with Pulley has a good rating from customers. Most users are highly satisfied with the grinder, with many users giving a high rating. Here are some of the important reviews we think you should take note of:
- Make sure to clean the bearings. A purchaser of the product noted that those who buy this product must clean the bearings and to make sure that all parts are completely dry before storing. This clean drying is to avoid the grinder and its parts from rusting.
- Large pulley gives you more leverage. As we mentioned above, the large pulley of the grinder gives you more leverage. A user mentioned his/her skepticism that the grinder can manage to crush chicken bones when used without a motor. The large pulley allowed for more power when manually grinding which was enough to go through chicken bones. This power is great considering that most of the small and affordable hand grinders (such as the Useful Manual Meat Grinder) can’t be used with bone-in meat.
- It must be clamped down. Users have noted that it is best to clamp the machine down to something thick for the machine to be stable.
- The assembly can be a bit tricky. A user has mentioned that the grinder is not easy to assemble. If you are not familiar with the gears of a grinder such as this, you might need to consult other people who have purchased this product for tips on how to assemble.
- Versatile Tool. The Sportsman No. 32 allows you to be able to operate both a manual and motor-powered grinder. The good thing about this is you are not tied down by the motor that comes with the grinder you purchased. You can choose whatever motor you want to use with the grinder, and you can tinker with the actual mechanics of the machine. This versatility is a great tool to buy for those who want to use a custom-built motor.
- Affordable. This versatile tool can be purchased at a budget price. If you already have a motor at home that you can attach to the pulley, this is a great buy. You would be able to process bigger batches of meat with it.
Mechanics Ain’t Easy. As some users have noted, the grinder is not easy to assemble. It might be a breeze for someone who has sufficient knowledge about the parts and gears of this machine, but it might not be the same for someone else. You also need some technical know-how when hooking up the grinder to a motor. More than a convenience issue, it is also a safety issue. If you have some basic knowledge of pulleys and motors, then it should be okay for you. We recommend consulting someone before rigging this to a custom motor (or consult a Youtube video at the very least).
Should You Buy?
If you want something you can customize and something that can be converted from manual to motor-powered: the Sportsman No. 32 Meat Grinder with Pulley is a good choice for you. This grinder is durable, and you can do a lot with it. It can also be fun to be able to rig your mean grinding machine at home. If you’re up for the challenge, go ahead and buy yourself one of these!