The video here shows a short demonstration of the LEM .35 HP grinding venison.
The LEM .35 HP is one of our top picks. Here are the quick pros and cons about it:
[contextazon id=’34’] Our rating: 4.85
- Consistent performance through months of use
- Made from heavy-duty quality parts
- Easy to operate and grinds 4 lbs per minute
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
- Has problems grinding frozen meat
- Doesn’t have a reverse function
Table of Contents:
- Features of LEM .35 HP Stainless Steel Electric Meat Grinder
- How Does it Work?
- Product Care
- Customer Reviews
- Should You Buy?
Features of LEM Products .35 HP Stainless Steel Electric Meat Grinder
Back to Top
In need for a new grinder at home? Then we recommend giving the LEM Products .35 HP Stainless Steel Electric Meat Grinder a try. This amazing product is packed with power and is a bang for your buck.
This mean machine is built to grind at approximately 4 pounds per minute—now that would yield a respectable amount of meat in just half an hour. If you intend to grind a few deer a year, occasionally make your hamburger blend or grind food for your furry friends then it would be worth your while to check out the LEM Products .35 HP Electric Grinder.
The LEM Products .35 HP grinder has the following inclusions:
- All stainless steel motor housing
- All metal gears have roller bearings
- Convenient heavy-duty handle for easy moving
- Standard U.S. 110 voltage
- A 120 volt, permanently lubricated induction motor with a start and run capacitor (4 amps)
- A built-in circuit breaker that prevents overheating
- Stainless Steel Big Bite Auger
- Meat Stomper to push the meat
- Stainless Steel Meat Pan/Tray with the following dimensions: 11 ½” x 8 ½” x 2 ¼” deep
- Stainless steel knife
- Three stainless steel plates: Stuffing, Fine (3/16”) and Coarse 3/8”
- Three stuffing tubes: 3/8”, ¾”, 1 ¼”
The following are some notable features of the LEM Products .35 HP:
- This meat grinder weighs 36 pounds. This weight makes the grinder not too heavy to lift but makes it stable enough to not wobble.
- It can grind approximately 4 pounds of meat per minute.
- The inclusion of three stainless steel plates and stuffing tubes gives you a variety of options for your meat grind.
- LEM Products has dedicated customer service to answer any questions about the products they sell. They also have a team of Service Technicians to answer any questions that customers might have on warranty, parts selection and advice on how to use the products.
- The grinder comes with a two-year warranty on parts and labor. For the warranty to be valid, the purchaser has to register it. The procedure for this can be found on http://www.lemproducts.com/warranty. If you intend on buying this item, it is important to remember to keep the original copy of the receipt for warranty validation.
- This grinder is ETL Certified. This certification means the product you are buying has complied with North American safety standards.
The dimensions of the grinder—fully assembled: 9.25” W x 18” L x 16 H”.
The dimensions of the grinder –motor only: 7.5” W x 14”L x 12”H
How Does It Work?
Back to Top
Attach the desired plate to the grinder. To operate the grinder, simply turn the switch ON. Before changing plates, make sure to unplug the grinder. Do not operate the grinder without meat and do not overload the unit when grinding. For further instructions, read the manual that comes with this product.
Back to Top
To clean the grinder follow these steps:
- Unplug the grinder. Disassemble the grinder head.
- Wash all the parts in hot, soapy water and rinse with hot water.
- Dry the parts completely.
- Spray the parts with food grade silicone.
Back to Top
Good weight, fast grinding, hassle free cleaning. These are just some of the perks of having the LEM .35 HP Stainless Steel Grinder. Many users have found that having this machine at home was a good investment. This grinder is also known for excellent functionality, easy operation and great customer support. These accolades have resonated with a lot of consumers, resulting in the majority of high ratings. The candid reviews online of everyday users serve as testimony to the quality of this product and those looking for a grinder will be compelled to purchase after reading a few (Read more customer reviews here)
Back to Top
LEM Products .35 HP Meat Grinder has many things going for it. Those who have owned this machine for months have seen a consistent performance and no apparent deterioration. This grinder has heavy-duty quality parts and with proper care and usage it should last you a long time. It is indeed a good investment.
The speed by which it grinds up the food makes it a handy tool to have. Making hamburgers, sausages or prepping pet food will be easier to do with this machine. It easy to operate and the amount of meat you can grind in an hour is significant. The grinder performs well that you would rarely have to use the Meat Stomper (pusher).
The grinder also disassembles easily, and the parts are easy to clean. You do not need special tools to clean the parts of the head. This benefit saves a lot of time and makes it easy to care for the machine.
Back to Top
Although it is stated that meat should be under 40 degrees before running through the grinder, we found that there could be a problem with thoroughly frozen meat. The meat tends to get stuck and might clog the machine if the meat is frozen. Thawing the meat a little bit should do the trick, and you should be on your way to problem-free grinding in no time. If you do find yourself with a clogged machine, the grinder has an automatic shut-off feature that kills the power to the motor in the event that meat ends up clogged in the auger.
This model does not have a reverse function. The #8 Watt Countertop Grinder offers such reverse function and is worth checking out. If you are not after a reverse function, then the LEM .35 HP Stainless Steel Grinder should be a good machine to add to your kitchen.
Should You Buy?
Back to Top
The LEM .35 HP Meat Grinder is one of the highly-recommended small grinders out there. Its impressive speed, proven durability, and easy maintenance care make it a good addition to your kitchen. The only main disadvantage is the absence of a reverse function on the grinder.
This grinder is highly recommended for its performance, quality and great customer service from the manufacturer. The LEM Products .35 HP Stainless Steel Meat Grinder deserves a high rating after summing up the great features and abilities of this machine. It is a good investment.
How does the LEM .35 HP compare?
|LEM .75 HP||4.8||Electric||6 lbs/min|
|LEM .35 HP||4.7||Electric||4 lbs/min|
|Weston No. 8||4.6||Electric||5 lbs/min|
|STX 3000 TF||4.4||Electric||3-4 lbs/min|