Read our Starfrit 093347 Manual Meat Grinder review to learn more about this super affordable and simple grinder perfect for small kitchens.
|Our rating: 3.9/5
Manual grinders are a good option for those who do not need to grind big batches of meat. It’s a practical option for those who are looking for a grinder that can process vegetables to make baby food or to grind small portions of meat to add to recipes such as dumplings or spaghetti sauce. If you are not sure whether you need a manual or electric grinder, you can read our comparison of the two here.
If you’re looking for a manual grinder, read on. In this review, we’ll take a look at the Starfrit 093347 Manual Meat Grinder. If you are looking for an affordable grinder, the Starfrit is a good option. Continue reading this article to see what we learned and what we think about this grinder.
Features of the Starfrit 093347 Manual Meat Grinder
The Starfrit 093347 Manual Grinder comes with one grinding plate with 1/8” diameter holes. If you do not need different grinding plate options and are satisfied with just having one, then the Starfrit’s lack of options should not be a problem for you. The grinding plate is sufficient for mincing beef, ham, chicken, vegetables and other meat.
For instance, if you are making spaghetti and would like to add some ground meat to the sauce, the Starfrit 093347 should do the trick. This grinder can also assist you in making dumplings, meat pies, burritos and other food cravings you have that require ground meat.
This Starfrit grinder has some convenient attributes:
- It comes with a meat pusher to assist you in feeding the food down the coil. You don’t have to buy a separate food pusher anymore.
- The grinder’s design also incorporates a suction base that helps keeps it in place. Since manual grinders require some arm action on your part, it is important to find a stable work surface where the suction base can easily latch on.
- The composition is mostly plastic. The grinder is not heavy and is easy to lift or carry. It disassembles easily which, in turn, makes cleaning easy. The parts are all dishwasher safe which means you do not have to hand-wash the parts. You can pop it in there along with the rest of the dishes.
The dimensions of the grinder are: 5.3 x 9.8 x 6.3 inches.
How Does it Work?
This grinder is easy to operate. Make sure that you read the manufacturer’s instructions for assembly before you start grinding food. Once you have it all set-up on your kitchen counter, simply feed meat into to grinder and turn the handle to start mincing/grinding.
As previously mentioned above, the grinder is easy to disassemble. You can hand-wash the parts in hot water with soap, or you can put the parts in a dishwasher. Let the parts dry or wipe them down before storing.
The Starfrit Manual Grinder has decently high rating. Most users are satisfied with the grinder. The affordable price of this grinder makes it an attractive product for those who only need a simple grinder and have no use for some of the more complex meat grinders. Users have noted that it does what it says it can do, and it’s very simple to operate. No frills, no fuss.
- The suction base works great. Given the right surface, the grinder stays in place, and you do not have to worry that it will wobble while you crank the handle. The suction base also does away with the need for a clamp.
- The price is very affordable. If you only need a simple grinder at home, this is a good and affordable choice.
- The grinder comes with one plate. Some people want options for the grind such as fine, medium and coarse. If you’re happy with just one plate and have no need for other options, then this grinder should be okay.
- It’s only meant for small batches of meat. If you plan to do a sausage stuffing marathon, perhaps you should look at a different grinder. If you have to grind a whole deer or want to grind meat with some of the bone in, then a heavy duty grinder might be the better choice.
Should You Buy?
In choosing the right grinder for you, it all boils down to what you need. If you are looking for a simple grinder to make ground meat or to make small batches of hamburger patties at home, then a grinder like this Starfrit 093347 Manual Meat Grinder is a good option. The price of this grinder is great, and if you are looking for an affordable manual grinder, we would recommend this.
How Does the Starfrit 093347 Compare?
|LEM #10||3.9||Stainless Steel|