Here are the short pros and cons of the Smokehouse Chef meat grinder attachment:
[contextazon id=’32’] Our rating: 4.8
- Made from stainless steel
- Durable and sturdy
- Large food pan accommodates lots of meat
- Must have a KitchenAid stand mixer
- Not advised to be used with Artisan series mixers
Are you thinking of buying an electric or manual meat grinder? Do you have a KitchenAid Mixer already? If your answer to both questions is yes, we recommend that you read about the Smokehouse Chef Stainless Steel Meat Grinder.
This attachment is similar to the KitchenAid Meat Grinder that we reviewed previously. The main difference is that this attachment is made of stainless steel while the one we previously reviewed is made of plastic.
Table of Contents
- Features of the Smokehouse Chef Stainless Steel Meat Grinder
- How Does it Work?
- Product Care
- Customer Reviews
- Should You Buy?
Features of the Smokehouse Chef Stainless Steel Meat Grinder
Back to Top
We love KitchenAid Mixers. They are reliable and sturdy kitchen tools to have at your home. We also think it is a brilliant idea to have attachments such as the Stainless Steel Meat Grinder which allows you to use the mixer in a different capacity!
This Smokehouse Chef Stainless Steel KitchenAid Attachment is made out of high-quality polished stainless steel metal. It is compatible for use with the KitchenAid Countertop Mixer. It fits the old and new 4.5, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0 and 8.0-quart stand mixers including the K45SS, Artisan and Professional series.
The attachment set comes with the following parts:
The Smokehouse Chef Stainless Steel KitchenAid Meat Grinder Attachment includes the following accessories:
- Three (3) Stainless Steel Meat Grinding Discs
- 3/16” best for burgers
- 5/16” best for chili
- ½” for coarse grind
- Three (3) Stainless Steel Sausage Stuffing Tubes: 7/16”, ¾” and 1-1/4.”
- 3-hole Sausage Stuffing Disc
- Food Stomper
The Stainless Steel Meat Grinder Attachment has the following notable features:
- The grinder is made of stainless steel. With proper care and careful use, this attachment will last a long time in your kitchen. You would not have to worry too much about rust or corrosion since the parts are mostly stainless steel.
- The food pan is large and can accommodate a lot of meat. The pan allows you to grind more meat faster by not having to refill the pan too often.
How Does It Work?
Back to Top
Assemble the attachment kit as instructed in the user manual. Once the kit has been attached properly to the KitchenAid, you now have yourself a meat grinder! Cut the meat into small pieces and load onto the pan. Use the food stomper to push the food into the tube.
Back to Top
It is easy to disassemble the attachment for cleaning. Since the parts are stainless steel, they can be placed in a dishwasher. If you prefer to hand-wash the parts, we recommend that you use hot water with soap. It is advisable to use a bottle cleaner to reach tight areas that came into contact with raw meat. Sanitation is important when it comes to appliances that are used for raw meat.
Back to Top
This KitchenAid Mixer Meat Grinder Attachment by Smokehouse Chef gets a 4.8 rating from us. Many people give this product a perfect score. We know that it is important to read reviews. These can give you important insights that you would not otherwise find out about until you use the product. To help you out, we narrowed down some of the important comments that we found:
- The attachment is not recommended for use on an Artisan model. Despite being fitted by the manufacturer to function with Artisan models, we found an opinion that highly discourages it. The attachment has the tendency to overwhelm the motor of the Artisan models.
- Smokehouse has a lifetime guarantee against rust on all their parts. One user found rusting on a part that was stamped with the logo of the manufacturer. He informed them about it and was sent extra parts. He was also told that they have a lifetime guarantee against rust. If you find that some of your parts have rusted, call Smokehouse Chef and they will sort out the problem.
- The attachment is durable and sturdy. The materials used are high-quality and built to last a lifetime. (Read more customer reviews here)
- This attachment is made of stainless steel. More importantly, the knife, discs and plates are stainless steel. It is best to have stainless steel for these parts because they come into contact with the meat. Other metal parts tend to rust, and you would not want rust on your food right?
- This attachment is durable and sturdy, like your KitchenAid Mixer.
- You must own a KitchenAid Mixer to be able to use this attachment. If you do not have a KitchenAid Mixer, this product will be of no use to you.
- If you have a mixer from the Artisan series, it is not advised that you use this attachment. The Artisan series mixers lack the power for this attachment.
Should You Buy?
Back to Top
If you are looking for a meat grinder attachment for your KitchenAid Mixer, this kit from Smokehouse Chef is one that you should seriously consider. The material used is Stainless Steel, and you can’t go wrong with that.
We’ve gathered from our research that Smokehouse Chef has good customer support and has certain warranties on the attachment. Good customer service and follow-through on warranty is always a plus. Based on what we learned, we recommend this Meat Grinder Attachment for your KitchenAid Mixer.
How does the Smokehouse Chef compare?
|LEM .75 HP||4.8||Electric||6 lbs/min|
|LEM .35 HP||4.7||Electric||4 lbs/min|
|Weston No. 8||4.6||Electric||5 lbs/min|
|STX 3000 TF||4.4||Electric||3-4 lbs/min|