If you’re looking for an electric grinder, you might want to check out the LEM Mighty Bite #8 Meat Grinder. Read on below to see if we think the Might Bite #8 is as mighty as its name.
Table of Contents
- Features of the LEM Mighty Bite #8 Meat Grinder
- How Does it Work?
- Product Care
- Customer Reviews
- Should You Buy?
Features of the LEM Mighty Bite #8 Meat Grinder
Back to Top
[contextazon id=’28’] The Mighty Bite #8 Meat Grinder is one of LEM Products’ smaller meat grinders. Like some of the other electric meat grinders made by LEM, this has a permanently lubricated motor and built-in circuit breaker. The product is also ETL-certified and has a 1-year factory warranty.
The LEM Mighty Bite #8 Meat Grinder comes with the following accessories:
- Stainless Steel Knife
- Aluminum Head
- Aluminum Auger
- Good Sized Aluminum Meat Pan measuring 9 7/8” x 7 ½” x 2”
- Two (2) Stainless Steel Cutting Plates:
- 3/8” for coarse grinding
- 3/16” for fine grinding
- Stuffing Plates and Stuffing Tubes
- 1 3/8”
- Meat Stomper
Quality and durability are important things to consider when buying a grinder. Here are some of the important construction elements of the grinder are:
- Aluminum motor housing. The Mighty Bite #8 has an aluminum housing that is durable and easy to maintain.
- Metal Gears. If you’ve read our other reviews, you might have read that some grinders have plastic gears. Plastic gears usually cause problems because they are not as durable as metal ones.
- Stainless Steel Knife and Cutting Plates. The Might Bite #8 is equipped with a stainless steel cutting knife and comes with two stainless steel plates. It’s good that these parts are stainless steel because they are resistant to rust. These parts come into contact with the meat, and you would not want any rust on them for safety reasons.
- Weight. The LEM Mighty Bite #8 weighs 16.5 pounds. It’s not too heavy for an electric meat grinder. Lifting it shouldn’t be a problem, especially with the heavy duty handle that is incorporated into the design.
How Does it Work?
Back to Top
Clean the washable parts of the grinder before assembling. Make sure to read the user manual before you do anything with the grinder. Operating the Mighty Bite #8 is simple. Simply turn the switch on and start pushing the meat down the feeding tube. The Mighty Bite comes with a meat stomper that is a tool you can use to push the meat down.
Back to Top
The Might Bite #8 is fairly easy to take apart for cleaning. We recommend that you wash the parts in hot water mixed with a fair amount of liquid soap. It is best to dry the parts out completely before storing them. Make sure that you read the care instructions in the user manual. Taking good care of your appliances are crucial to its durability.
Back to Top
The LEM Mighty Bite #8 has only a small number of reviews online. Despite the low number of customer reviews, this product gets a perfect score from customers. The users rave about the sturdiness, good quality and the fine performance of this grinder. This is a good reflection on the craftsmanship of LEM Grinders. (Read more customer reviews here)
We’ve reviewed a few other LEM grinders on our site and if you want to read up on them, click on the links below:
- LEM Products .75HP Stainless Steel Grinder
- LEM Products .35HP Stainless Steel Grinder
- LEM 575 Watt #8 Electric Meat Grinder
- LEM #10 Stainless Steel Clamp-On Hand Crank Grinder
- Good construction. The LEM Mighty Bite #8 Meat Grinder is made out of durable materials. The gears inside are metal and not plastic. If you take care of this grinder well, it would be safe to assume that it will stay in your kitchen for a very long time.
- Stainless Steel Knife and Plates. Rust is not fun. We love the fact that the Might Bite #8 has stainless steel knives and plates! Other grinders that have non-stainless steel parts can break down faster because of the corrosion. It’s also not safe to have rusting parts come in contact with your food. We don’t expect that you’ll have any of these problems with the Mighty Bite #8.
- Limited reviews. This product does not have that many reviews online, but we don’t see that it should deter you from trying out this grinder. If you look at the reviews on other LEM Products, you will be able to see that they have good customer feedback.
Should You Buy?
Back to Top
[contextazon id=’28’] Yes, we think you should! The LEM Mighty Bite #8 is a good grinder and the materials used on the machine are high-quality. We encourage you to take a look at the other products of LEM (see the customer reviews section above for the links). If you want to compare this with other motor-powered grinders, you can check out our archives for all the reviews we have done on electric grinders.